We hire a number of seasonal staff for our festival each fall, as well as offer other paid opportunities for special projects throughout the year. As we grow, we seek creative, collaborative, and hard-working individuals with unique skills and experiences to strengthen our small but mighty team.
This position is a six month, full-time contract position, with possibility of extension into year-round part-time work.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021, 5pm
Term: June 9, 2021 to November 12, 2021 - remote work, incl. some evenings and weekends.
Salary/Fee: $800-$1000/week, commensurate with experience.
FFDN is looking for an Operations Manager, Digital Audience Engagement to join our team to flex their technical skills to support this exciting festival with its data management, CMS/e-commerce, box office/customer service needs. This position will report to the General Manager - working in collaboration with artistic programming, marketing, advancement and technical teams.
FFDN is looking for a team player who has
* Advanced proficiency with data management tools and web-based CRM systems (e.g. Shopify, CiviCRM, Mailchimp, CanadaHelps, spreadsheets (Excel/Google Sheets etc.), CSV datasets)
* Experience with project management tools such as ClickUp
* Beginner to intermediate experience with CMS platforms and familiarity with API connectivity/integrations
* Experience managing operations from an e-commerce perspective:
* Creating new product + event codes, editing and modifying product information
* Managing payments and transactions
* Generating and analyzing sales and customer reports
* An excellent track record with customer service and issue management (helpdesk tool experience a plus):
* Able to manage incoming customer questions and requests
* Support and facilitate issue resolution
* Engage with client roster in a friendly and transparent manner
* Able to manage special orders and inquiries (for example, product orders for VIPs and large groups)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate is someone who
* takes initiative and doesn’t shy away from a challenge
* is creative and flexible
* is a clear and effective communicator
* does not shy away from technology and is fully comfortable with it
* understands how to prioritize
* loves events and festivals
Things to know about FFDN
Fall for Dance North (FFDN) is Toronto’s premier international dance festival. From September 10 - October 26, 2021 FFDN will be presenting its 7th annual festival in a hybrid (online/offline) format. Ticket sales begin July 20, 2021, with web/box office testing beginning July 9, 2021.
FFDN’s mission is to elevate the popularity of dance by presenting a diverse, world-class dance festival of established and emerging talent from Toronto, Canada and around the globe through accessible ticket prices. FFDN aims to support Canada’s professional dance community, create an inclusive atmosphere and inspire and educate new audiences and seasoned dance patrons.
FFDN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment / selection processes and work environment. We are committed to building a diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
How to Apply
Send your CV/resume (PDF format only) no later than May 31, 2021 5pm (EST) to: [email protected] Subject line: Operations Manager, Digital Audience Engagement.
FFDN thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. During the recruitment process, applicants may request accommodation at any time by contacting: [email protected] or 416-907-4334. Interviews may be conducted throughout the posting period. However, no offers will be made until after the application deadline.
Fall for Dance North Leadership with Seasonal Team, 2019
Select Fall for Dance North 2020 Team (left to right: Lighting Designer Simon Rossiter, Livestream Producer Aidan Ware, General Manager Christina Giannelia, Marketing Manager Nicole Crozier, Web Developer David Di Biase, Artistic Director Ilter Ibrahimof, and Digital Content Coordinator Milana Glumicic) at THE BIG SOCIAL: AR Edition.
Photo by Marlowe Porter.