Fall for Dance North Festival Inc (‘FFDN’) understands how important your privacy is. We are committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect.
The Privacy Act governs the collection and use of personal information. As described by the Act, personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. FFDN complies with Canadian Federal and Provincial privacy laws and regulations including the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act and Canada Anti-Spam Legislation.
What is personal information?
"Personal information" is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and email address and includes information about your product and service subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records. It does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What type of personal information does FFDN collect?
FFDN collects various types of personal information. We may collect any of the following:
- Your name, billing/shipping address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase products or services from us such as tickets or packages for a FFDN event or for one of our festival partners’ events, or products from the online FFDN shop.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our events, including when you submit dance works or other art for inclusion in any of FFDN’s events or programs, seek credentials, special access or privileges regarding a FFDN event or program. This personal information might include your name, gender pronoun(s), profession, email address, phone number, permission to photograph or answers to specific questions.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any of our online or other meeting spaces, workshops or forums. This personal information might include your name, gender pronoun(s), profession, email address, phone number, permission to photograph, answers to specific questions, password and computer information. The personal information you provide to us when participating in our meeting spaces, or forums may be used for funder reporting purposes in aggregate form.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in one of our contests, sweepstakes or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide to us when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or emails or when you use our website, including, but not limited to when you create an FFDN account. This personal information might include your name, member/buyer identification, email address, phone number and, in the case of our website, your password and computer information.
- Your personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided they have agreed to obtain your consent before disclosing your personal information to us.
- Photographs, motion pictures and videos taken of you in public areas at FFDN events.
- Certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our website www.ffdnorth.com. This information is collected from your computer's web browser to enhance your experience on our website and may include your IP address, operating system, web browser software, screen resolution, and referrer website.
- Personal information you may provide to us when applying for a job or volunteer position with FFDN. Once we have identified information that has been submitted to us for such an application, we store it in a secure environment that is not shared or used other than for our staffing and administrative purposes.
How does FFDN collect personal information?
We collect personal information that is voluntarily provided to us by our customers, members, sponsors, visitors, website users and the public in general when they contact us via telephone, email, web browser, or in person.
As mentioned above, we may also collect personal information from our business partners and other third parties who have agreed to obtain the consent of the person the information pertains to before disclosing the information to us.
FFDN may also collect personal information through the following means:
- Photographs, Motion Pictures and Videos. Photographs, motion pictures and videos taken in public areas at FFDN events.
- Web beacons. To assess the effectiveness of promotional and marketing emails we send, we may attach a web beacon to the email that provides us with confirmation when the recipient opens the email. This only occurs if the recipient’s computer supports such technology.
Why does FFDN collect your personal information?
FFDN may collect personal information about you and use it for the following reasons:
- To provide products and services to you if you have subscribed to our newsletter, to inform you of programming information and other relevant information pertaining to your purchase or experience with FFDN events, to bill you when you make a purchase from us, to acknowledge your support or donation and to provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
- To provide you with services or recognition you request.
- To administer your submissions and applications for our programs and events. When you register to become a Patron of FFDN we use your information to create and manage your member file.
- For marketing purposes if you are an existing subscriber. We may use your contact information to send you emails about promotions, surveys, contests and special events or provide other marketing information to you. Promotional emails are intended to inform you of new or unique opportunities, events or special deals that are available from FFDN. You can opt not to receive these emails from us by either clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email when you receive it or by sending an email that includes your email address and a request that you not receive our promotional emails. In addition, if you have opted in to receive promotional materials we may send you postal mail notifying you of promotions, surveys, contests or special events or providing other marketing information to you. You can unsubscribe from this postal mail service by sending an email with "unsubscribe from postal service" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org to improve the quality of your visit to our website. We use electronic information such as "cookies" to improve your use of our website. We collect certain information (e.g., purchasing trends) based on your navigation of our website to better understand and serve our customers, members and website visitors. This data allows us to streamline your ability to navigate our website and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to our customers and members and website visitors.
- To improve our service offerings. We monitor and analyze the use of our service offerings in order to determine which services are popular and useful to our customers, members and website visitors so that we can improve them.
- To better understand your interests. FFDN also may prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our business partners and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. The aggregated user statistics and information will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- To co-operate with law enforcement and to protect against violations of criminal or civil laws.
- We may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with donations, viewing your purchase(s), logging on to www.ffdnorth.com, or accessing your account from our website.
The Disclosure of Personal Information
How FFDN Protects Your Privacy
All information submitted to our website or email addresses is transferred to the FFDN computer servers. During an online transaction, this information is submitted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL-enabled web browsers employ a security protocol between the client and the server computer in order to ensure that information will be transferred to the intended recipient secured servers only.
Linking to A Third Party website
The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. We cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of our control.
Verifying and Amending Your Personal Information
FFDN tries to ensure that all personal information about you that is in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To enable us to do so, please inform the person to whom you provided your personal information of any change to that information.
You can inquire about, access and review your personal information held by FFDN and make corrections to it. Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance with these matters. In some cases FFDN will be prevented from disclosing the requested information to you. If any request you make for access to personal information is denied, we will provide you with an explanation.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about FFDN’s personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, for these purposes.